Thursday, January 21, 2010

I live

Hey there! Just letting everyone know that I haven't forgotten about this blog; It's just often hard to keep it up to date when most of my recent work has consisted of Adult commissions.


I will be sharing more G-Rated work though, as I still draw it often, haha.

Some updates in regards to my artwork;
I will no longer be using the gallery "Deviantart". I had posted my work there for about seven years now, but in light of some policy changes and management issues, I've decided that It would be in my own better interest to refrain from using it anymore.


Now, if you're here for art, then prepare for a massive dump:


During the holiday season of 2009, I took on various icon commissions done in a way that would resemble a cutout card; Here's a few of my favorites. These icons were all done via Photoshop CS2 with a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. The card/paper effect was created by a combination of textures and lineless coloring. It's a surprisingly simple effect that anyone can pull off and it usually creates a great effect!



Here, we have a piece in which I was trying to capture a more feminine form without outright showing the front half of the body. I'd always struggled with distinguishing a female form from a male's in my art throughout the years, so I made a personal challenge out of it. I spent a good several weeks exploring the female form beyond the obvious breast area and this was one of the more successful attempts of the time. The sketch was done on regular sketch paper; the effects were added via photoshop with textures and messing with layer opacity.


In late 2008, I wanted to experiment with different mediums, as I'd been primarily functioning in digital. One day, the idea of using prisma markers on cardboard, hit me while I was at work. I had to give it a shot, as it was just interesting of an idea to pass up. The end result was this. There's not much to note about the piece, as nothing out of the ordinary was done. I will say that it's still a personal favorite to this day.

No comments: