Thursday, March 26, 2009

Possible idea for Patch Together

First of all, have some lovely music.


Next up, I'm thinking of putting together a design for Patch Together but I'm afraid that my lack of popularity wouldn't bring me enough votes/preorders to get the item made.

For the actual design, I'm thinking something along the lines of a Kabuki style Kitsune. I threw together a rough sketch that I thought I'd share with everyone to try and get some input. The overall design idea is to have the fox standing on a log so I have the freedom to stylize the character without fear that it wouldn't stand up. Anyways, keep in mind this is still a very rough sketch.

Any input is welcome C:



I'm basing the face markings on traditional kabuki face paint designs like these in addition to examples of Kistune Masks I've seen in portions of little Tokyo on trips to L.A.

I'm really hoping I can put an ascetically pleasing character that doesn't go as far to resemble Amaterasu from the Okami games.

1 comment:

Hiro said...

I think that would be a change from a lot of the other entries, and would be pretty nice.

It's not about your current popularity anyways- it's about what you draw. It's better that way for now, I think, since people wouldn't be voting because they know you, but because they like your design. :]

Good luck~~ :]